Please select a year to enroll for
To protect our children and fully comply with California compulsory education laws Unaccompanied Minors, Foster Youths and McKinney-Vento (homeless) youth are allowed immediate enrollment. McKinney-Vento (homelessness) under the California Department of Education is defined as follows:
- (a) Children sharing housing due to economic hardship or loss of housing;
- (b) Children living in "motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camp grounds due to lack of alternative accommodations"
- (c) Children living in "emergency or transitional shelters"
- (d) Children whose primary nighttime residence is not ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation (e.g. park benches, etc.)
- (e) Children living in "cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations.
Note: All legal documentation is still required and should be provided to Excelsior Charter Schools after enrollment.